Hello, my name is Melissa.
I started KID MANIA, LLC in 2003.
I was a single mom who tried yard sales, newspaper ads, craigslist, etc., but didn’t get the money I hoped for my children’s new & gently used items. I tried other consignments and they took too much of my profits and took long to send me a check. So, I decided I wanted to help other women like myself and started a seasonal consignment event that took a smaller consignor fee than most consignment sales, accepted more merchandise, and got a big payout FAST! KID MANIA LLC was born and has been voted
- The Best Consignment Sale in Western, PA by Consignment Mommies
- The Best Consignment Sale in the Pittsburgh by Consignment Mommies
- The Best of the Best for Children’s Clothing Finalist in the Washington Observer Reporter
Seasonal Events are so much Better
Especially when it is NOT A FRANCHISE!
- Being a Seasonal Consignment Event (that is NOT a Franchise) gives the Consignor HIGHER PROFITS than a store because of the lower consignor fees and they can sell 500 items (and if your % of items sold at the past event is 70%-79% you can sell up to 700 items for the next event; 80%+ or higher up to 1,000 for the next event – AMAZING!). The consignor sells their items faster and receives a larger check within 2 weeks of the sale! (no worries about your money going towards a franchise fee!)
- Being a Seasonal Consignment Event (that is NOT a Franchise) gives the Shopper a MUCH LARGER SELECTION than a store with LOWER PRICES because a consignor doesn’t have to give back a higher percentage. You actually can see and touch items before you buy them… not like on a Facebook Yard Sale Group, Online Boutique or Craigslist. I don’t want to drive all around to meet up with someone for one or two items OR hope what is shipped is what I wanted!
It’s a win – win situation for the consignor and buyer! It is perfect for helping families in our local communities!
KID MANIA LLC is all about “Women Helping Women” and now even some Dad’s out there. I would love to share this incredible experience with you! We have been in business for over 15 years and thousands of shoppers. This is what separates KID MANIA LLC from all other Seasonal Events!
I will continue to to strive to do my very best because I’m a MOM like YOU; I have 6 kids and a busy full time job! I’ll strive to stay THE BEST Kids Consignment Event for our Shoppers, Consignors, Volunteers and Vendors! I hope to see you at one of our AMAZING events; you WON’T be disappointed!
This sale is dedicated in loving memory of my father, Art Lyon (1939-2009).
He believed in my mission of helping other mother’s like myself. In the beginning, KID MANIA gave back 100% of the Consignors Earnings for several years! My Dad created most of the racks used at the sale. He also donated his time, supported and helped out at every event until his passing.
For all of you who were fortunate enough to meet him at one of the events know he was an incredible & generous man. He inspired me with my mission and is deeply missed by our KID MANIA Family!
This sale would not be what it is today if it wasn’t for the wonderful support of my parents, husband, family, and KID MANIA Family (Consignors, Shoppers, Vendors & Volunteers). From the bottom of my heart I thank you ALL and hope I can provide many more years to helping our community!